Starting September 2017
Take your skills to the next level with international teaching faculty & live client sessions... Experience the confidence gained through time reflecting and practicing with your brief narrative therapy skills between sessions
Karen Young M.S.W., R.S.W., Jill Freedman M.S.W., David Paré, Ph.D., Vikki Reynolds P.h.D., RCC., and Shari Lecker M.Ed., RP.
This advanced level training program offers you the next step in developing your knowledge and skills in brief and narrative therapy. The program offers a unique combination of teaching and live practice with the world’s leading trainers in narrative and brief therapies. The ten days will include teaching, practice exercises, review of recordings of actual therapy sessions and livework with clients that is facilitated by the faculty with your active participation as witnessing therapists and teams. The emphasis in this program is on focused micro-skill development through integration of up-to-date theoretical knowledge and practice.
60 hours of teaching, discussion and live practice with clients
*Post-training option for 5 group supervision sessions with Karen Young
Completion of a Windz 5-Day certificate program, The Brief & Narrative Therapy Certificate
Program (previously called the Narrative Therapy Training Program), or an equivalent amount of
training with Karen Young will also be considered.
Topics covered will include:
• Complex use of narrative practice maps within a brief therapy sessional structure
• Flexible uses of witnessing practices in brief work and in training
• The relationship between narrative practices, brief therapy and social justice
• The complexities and challenges of ‘use of self’ within a postmodern philosophy
• Co-creating motivation to change in therapeutic conversations
• Questions and responses when people experience a sense of personal failure
• Explorations and deepening of absent but implicit practices
• Opportunities and questions to deconstruct discourses
• Practice implications from neuroscience research
• Mindfulness & slowing down practices to make space for rich story development
• Responding to trauma, violence & oppression in brief and ongoing work
• Applications of the journey metaphor to therapy and the training context
• And more...
2017 Dates: September 29, October 13 and 28, November 11 and 24, December 9
2018 Dates: January 6 and 26, February 3 and 23
Location: Windz Institute
At ROCK Centre for Learning
Tuition: $2,250.00 + HST